What Does the Bible say about the Kingdom of Christ?
- In Matthew 16:18-19 the Church and Kingdom are put in the same context. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
- When we are baptized into Christ we are reborn spiritually from the darkness of this world into the church (Kingdom). Acts 2:47 – And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. Colossians 1:13 – He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love.
- The Kingdom (Church) is to be delivered to the Father by Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:24-26 – Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
- The Kingdom of Christ was present in the first century – “For so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:11). It’s talking about the Kingdom as if it was currently present in those days.
- Jesus said that some of the listeners will not die until they see the Kingdom of Christ. “And He said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power.” (Mark 9:1)
- Christ promises us a spiritual Kingdom not a worldly one. Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now my kingdom is not from here.” (John 18:36) The church is the spiritual Kingdom of Christ.
- The Kingdom of God is to be established during the last kingdom from Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, the Roman Empire (Iron and Iron mixed with clay). And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever (Daniel 2:44).
Hispanic Ministry Deacon and Minister of Jesus